Keeping fit isn’t always possible at old age, it is necessary to engage in activities not only to keep stimulated but to interact with others living in the Home.
At Cornelia we focus on activities which everyone can productively achieve something at the end of each session. We do not run a list of same programmes each month, it is more individually focused to encourage each clients.
For example clients can take part in baking cakes and serve it with evening tea, or they could send their own Easter cards they designed to their families and friends.
Typical weekly activities
Summer short trips:
- Tea shops
- local attractions
- Winter tours to see the Christmas Lights
Provided by Activities for Care
- Making Easter Cards
- Baking Cakes or Easter Nests
- Gardening: Planting from seeds and potting up plants
- Provides Movement to Music each Thursdays
Reverend Janet Hallam
- Holly Communion on first Sunday of each month
- Music entertainment twice a week
- Story telling
Other recent events and entertainments have included:
- Birds of Prey Show
- Christmas in-house pantomime ‘Jack and The Beanstalk’
- Primary School Choir
- The Magic show with …
- Grandparents Day family event